Monday, January 5, 2009

 The problem with the infrequent blogger such as me is that you either can't remember exactly how you did things the last time you were posting, or they've "updated" the site and you're left in the dark.  Unfortunately, I tend to think it's my short term memory.
 Well, anyway, since I last posted, retirement for two has been anything but boring.  Marvel has run from one project to another, gardening, re-doing our bedroom, painting the garage floor... and in between we managed a great Alaskan cruise with my sister Terry and her husband Richard.  I'll try to post some pictures of that, but somehow I'm not sticking with the original layout of my space, and I'm finding it difficult to figure out how to get back to that for a consistent look.  
 We also survived Christmas... enjoyed it, actually.  We hosted all of Marvel's family here, and although it was very cramped, we felt it was important to rally as many as possible, looking for solace and comfort in numbers now that DeLois and Leland are not physically with us.  Christmas Day was spent at my dad and stepmother's home, and then we had our "kids" Michelle, Chris and Sarah here for a couple of days.  Later, we spent two days in Austin babysitting our sweet Sarah while Chris and Michelle went back to work before flying up to Maryland to be with the Smiths.
 Since this is an "experimental" entry, please understand if the blog looks in disarray.  Next time I can't sleep, I'll figure out what I'm doing.